We have been reaching out to our area community of leaders and teachers on the eastern edge of communities in Eastern Navajo Nation agency. A call to action through supply drives were initiated in schools and small businesses to support the school children at Red Warrior Camp in North Dakota called Mní Wičhóni Nakíčižiŋ Owáyawa or Defenders of the Water School. Other donations were received to supply Red Warrior Camp and we thank you for heartfelt comments and actions.
Communities on the eastern edge of Eastern Navajo Nation agency who have been active: Na’ Neelzhiin School, Pueblo Pintado School, Tsé Yí Gai High School, Ojo Encino community, DCGS, Cuba Schools, TóHajiilee Community School, and Torreon Chapter.
Terri, June and I delivered and visited Red Warrior Camp September 16-18, 2016. Thank you to Barin Beard, Sondra Hill, and Maureen Grey for your monetary donations to get those supplies there. Thanks to Adrianne Chalepa, Byron Shorty, Tera Frank, Hollie Mackey, and Matthew Thompson for information.
- shelter (tents, heated, heavy set tarps, insulated)
- shelving, chairs
- winter clothes: boots, gloves, beanies, scarves, jackets, etc.
- blankets, sleeping bags
- *See Amazon Wish List below
Point of Contact
- Cuba Schools: Chastity Gordo
- Ojo Encino Community: Cheyrl Guerito
- Ojo Encino Chapter House: Dawn Tso
- TóHajiilee Community School: Keri
- Torreon Chapter House: Alberta Ballard
- Na’ Neelzhiin Ji Olta: Kenneth Toledo
- Tsé Yí Gai High School: Shirley and Paula
- Cyber Academy High School: June Winters
- Navajo Technical University – Culture Center: Dana Desiderio
- National Indian Youth Council, 318 Elm St. NE, Albuquerque, NM: Tera Frank
Subscribe to Updates